Updated: Sep 3, 2020
Check Here For Simple Fixes and Important Information Regarding Your Temco Parts Washer. Call us if you have any questions or need additional assistance.
Units with Time Clock option: 1. Check time clock for proper time (Yellow dial) set to proper time if needed. 2. Check skip-a-day dial (this is the Silver dial located in the lower right corner of Yellow dial set to correct day of the week (proper day should be at top of silver dial). Check manual on/off level in time clock make sure it is in the ON position.
Units with or without Time Clock option: 1. Check Heat on/off switch and make sure it is in the ON position. 2. Check breakers in main control panel they may be tripped. Turn breakers on. 3. If they continue to trip check heating element and heating circuit for issues. 4. Check for shorted wires or bad heating element repair as needed.
Units with or without Time Clock option: 1. Check Low Water cut off switch It may be popped out. The Low Water Cutoff / Manual Rest reset is located in the upper right side of the back hatch looking at the front of the unit. It has the round Red and Yellow warning tag over it. 2. Lift this tag and push the reset button. If reset is tripped it will make an audible click when pushed. 3. If reset button is stiff it may need to be replaced. Call TEMCO for instructions.
IMPORTANT!! Make sure heat and evap switches are in the OFF position before pushing reset or make sure water is covering heating element before you push reset!! Failure to do this will damage heating element!
PUMP NOT WORKING ALL MODELS
Units with or without Time Clock option: 1. Check the Safety Door Switch to see if it loose, out of adjustment or bad. 2. Check pump for restrictions in pump head. 3. Check pump circuit controls for tripped breaker and wiring issues. 4. Check Wash Cycle Timer or proper operation. 5. Check pump motor for loose wires or if motor is bad.
PUMP SEAL ISSUES ALL MODELS
Pump is leaking: IMPORTANT! 95% of pump seal failures are due to chronic low water condition starving the pump for water.
2. If the pump seal is leaking it must be replaced. (Call TEMCO for assistance if needed)
3. After new pump seal is installed. Proper water level MUST be maintained at all times!
IMPORTANT!! Water level should be maintained at just below or touching the debris screen!! Never allow water level to drop more than 1” below the debris screens!! 4. Check water level often throughout the day to avoid low water conditions!
NOTE: Even if your unit is equipped with auto water fill system due to the high operating temperature and high rate of evaporation these units produce. It is necessary to check the water level throughout the day and fill as needed. The auto water fill is designed to refill the water tank during your down time. It is not designed to fill the tank or maintain water level during operating hours. 5. Only 5% of seal failures are due to washer not being cleaned often enough allowing sediments to accumulate above normal levels (one inch or less) clean tank of sediments often to avoid seal and other problems.
TEMCO recommends cleaning your unit a minimum of every 30 days. 6. Do not introduce incompatible chemicals into your TEMCO washer! Oil based solvents, Acids, Brake or Carburetor cleaners should NEVER be introduced in your TEMCO washer!
OIL SKIMMER NOT WORKING ALL MODELS
Units with time clock option: 1. Check Manual On/Off lever in time clock it should be in the ON position. Units with time clocks have a feature that automates the oil skimmer. The oil skimmer only comes on for 40 minutes when the time clock brings the heat on at its ON set time.
Units without or without time clock option: 1. Check Oil Skimmer switch to make sure it is in the ON position. 2. Check the Wiper blades on the Oil Skimmer chute 3. Check oil skimmer motor switch and wires for connection issues. 4. Check Skimmer motor to see if it is seized or bad.
IMPORTANT! Never run oil skimmer while washer is in service. It is best to run oil skimmer while water is cold and water is static. This is usually in the morning before you start your day’s operation.
TURNTABLE IS NOT ROTATING ALL MODELS
1. Check Turntable Switch make sure it is in the AUTO position.
2. Check Turntable Drive Wheel for worn or broken teeth or if loose, unscrewed from shaft adapter. Also check that shaft adapter has not slipped and adjuster bolt is tight.
3. Check Turntable Drive Wheel for proper alignment with side of turntable. (NOTE: should be riding at center of turntable)
4. Check to see if Drive Wheel Cover is Jamming the Drive wheel.
5. Check to see if Drive motor tension spring is in place.
6. Check drive motor bracket bolts for tightness. (NOTE: Drive wheel should ride at center of turntable)
7. For larger models (T20 and above) check drive motor bracket bolts and tension springs.
MAINTAINANCE SCHEDULE ALL MODELS
1. CLEAN TANK A MINIMUM OF EVERY 30 DAYS / REMOVE ALL SEDIMENTS FROM TANK 2. MOVE MID RANGE SPRAY ARM DAILY AND GREASE MID RANGE SPRAY ARM EVERY 30 DAYS MINIMUM
3. GREASE DOOR HINGES EVERY 90 DAYS
4. CHECK ALL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS IN MAIN CONTROL PANEL, J BOX. EVERY 3 TO 6 MONTHS.
5. INSPECT FOR RUST AND IF FOUND TREAT RIGHT AWAY. NEVER LET RUST BUILD UP AND SPREAD.